Linuxbios + ADLO

Yap Ee Huey yapeehuey at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 03:58:01 CEST 2003

Hi hackers,

Thanks for all the answers regarding linuxbios + etherboot +tagged
kernel image . But I don't want to modify my partitions, so I have
changed my approach. I am using ADLO with Linuxbios now, I have:

ADLO file -> payload  65k
Linuxbios ROM -> linuxbios.rom  64k

I specify in my config file :

option USE_ELF_BOOT=1
payload payload

And then I build a romimage (256k) with payload padded to (192k)
   dd conv=sync bs=196608 if=payload of=payload.block
and linuxbios.rom at the end 64k .
   cat payload.block linuxbios.rom > romimage

Does this make sense ?
The result is negative. I can't boot.

I have tried to put linuxbios.rom at first 64k and then following with
ADLO payload and padded to 256k. Negative result also.

What is the correct placement in rom to load linuxbios.rom at the first
place and then tell it to go to ADLO payload ?

Thanks everyone,
eehuey