Bios flashing continued

Alexander Amelkin spirit at reactor.ru
Tue Apr 29 15:29:01 CEST 2003

Hello Nathanael,

>> (1)UNIFLASH  (DOS program)
>> http://www.pppr.sk/rainbow/programs.html

NN> Interesting... I don't have floppy access to the board so unfortunately
NN> this won't work either.

Can you make a DOS bootable ide disk on another machine, put uniflash
and the rom image on the disk and then boot from it on your target
board?

So far I found that uniflash is the only working thing (which means 'no
dancing around with a voodoo tambourine') out there. flash_rom never
worked for me, not even on the sis630 board for which it was originally
designed.

With best regards,
Alexander  mailto:spirit at reactor.ru

Real Programmers love Windows. Whenever you make a mistake you can blame Microsoft for it.