Commit on freebios2

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Mon Aug 4 19:25:01 CEST 2003

ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> I have made the initial commits for the items Stefan requested; comments
> welcome.
>
> Here is the log.
>
> Commits for the new config static device design, to allow more than one
> static
> cpu of a certain type and to eliminate the
> cpu p5
> cpu p6
> cpu k7
>
> nonsense in the old config files.

Cool.

> Next step is to hook into Eric's pci device stuff.

This hasn't happened yet?
I thought that had happened a while ago..

> CVS:
> CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
> CVS:
> CVS: Committing in .
> CVS:
> CVS: Modified Files:
> CVS:    src/cpu/k7/Config.lb src/cpu/k8/Config.lb
> CVS:    src/cpu/k8/cpufixup.c src/cpu/p6/Config.lb
> CVS:    src/mainboard/arima/hdama/Config.lb
> CVS:    src/mainboard/arima/hdama/mainboard.c util/newconfig/config.g
> CVS:
>
> Here is the fragment of the arima mainboard file that uses the new code;
> note that it is incomplete, I hope to fill it in.
>
> cpu k8 "cpu0"
>   register "up" = "{.chip = &amd8111, .ht_width=8, .ht_speed=200}"
> end
>
> cpu k8 "cpu1"
> end

Interesting.  I will take a look in a moment.

A good question is how much of this stuff can we get working in romcc.
Currently romcc doesn't cope with constant pointers. But that is because
of lazyness and not something more practical.

Eric