BIOS Savior works on Tyan Tiger MPX (S2466N-4M)

Jeff Noxon jeff at planetfall.com
Thu Aug 7 17:23:00 CEST 2003

Folks,

I successfully installed a BIOS Savior RD1-PMC4 on my Tyan Tiger MPX
(S2466N-4M) today.  It works just fine, but I cannot identify the Flash
chip on it (0x9d/0x6e) -- if anyone knows how to track this down, I'd
love to know.  In the meantime I forced it to work with Steven James's
flash_tool program.  The flash chip that Tyan shipped with the board is
a SST49LF040.

I presume the RD1-PMC2 would work on the older Tiger MP board.

I can't say whether Tyan's DOS-based flash utility works with this beast
or not.  I can't get it to run at all on my machine -- it complains that
himem.sys is loaded, even on a boot disk that doesn't contain himem.sys!
I tried a handful of other flash utilities but none of them would ID the
BIOS Savior chip for me.

Regards,

Jeff