TigerMPX no dice - please help

steven james pyro at linuxlabs.com
Fri Aug 8 16:35:01 CEST 2003

Greetings,

I'm not honestly sure where the problems are coming from unless you got a
corrupted checkout. I will be in the office next week, and will do a fresh
checkout and see if I can duplicate the problem.

G'day,
sjames

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Jeff Noxon wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I've been playing around with the CVS tree trying to get the TigerMPX
> stuff to compile.
>
> At first I got assembler warnings because AMD768_DEV was not defined.
> I found that AMD766_DEV was defined, so I changed it.  That got a
> little further.  It was set to 0x3800 yet my lspci -vvv shows my PCI
> bridge at 0x2000.  Is that because the Tyan BIOS moved it?
>
> Then I got a compile failure on the ide code.  It tries to include <ide.h>
> which doesn't exist.  I #if 0'd around this because I use a different
> controller anyway.  That got further along.
>
> Then, after all the 768 stuff compiled, I got link failures as it was
> trying to link amd766 functions instead of the 768 functions.
>
> This all leads me to believe that the code in CVS is not really functional
> to begin with.  Either that, or I am doing something really stupid, which
> is entirely possible.  ;) Is there newer code that someone can send me,
> and/or commit to CVS?
>
> Last but not least, Sourceforge seems to be having a lot of CVS problems.
> It is slow when it works, but it doesn't work much of the time I try
> to use it.  I haven't been able to update in a few days, it just drops
> my connections.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Jeff

-------------------------steven james, director of research, linux labs
... ........ ..... ....                    230 peachtree st nw ste 2701
the original linux labs                             atlanta.ga.us 30303
      -since 1995                              http://www.linuxlabs.com
                                   office 404.577.7747 fax 404.577.7743