Supporting extension ROMs and beyond...

YhLu YhLu at tyan.com
Mon Aug 11 12:35:00 CEST 2003

Ron,

If the user want to LinuxBIOS with embedded solution with screen (SET TOP
BOX???)  the VGA support must be ready and some Workstation also need that.
Otherwise it will limit the application scope of linubios.

Other option rom will be another story, for example: about Serial ATA,
Promise doesn't want provide support, but it's OK , We can get detail info
from Silicon Images chip, so We can use their solution and forget Promise.
As for the scsi chip, LSI likes to share the info. So We can produce their
chip support at first. ( I have add the support for LSI scsi chip). As for
Adaptec is hesitating to give the detail info, and may need more request to
them. It is said Only DELL have got the corresponding from them.

Who will move VGABIOS support to freebios2 ? I would have a try on Tyan
S2885 . (Two Opterons and workstation MB) this week.

YH