burn_mtd script fixes

Roger rogerxxmaillist at speakeasy.net
Fri Aug 15 04:47:01 CEST 2003

Something like the following should work fine. However, I find the
simplicity of burn_mtd easy to understand and learn what needs to be
done in order to successfully complete the linuxbios build.  Adding more
scripting will increase the time decoding the additional scripting to
understand what actually needs to be done in order to complete the
build.  Maybe when builds become stable such as sis/amd, it would help
to make enhance the scripting to account for these situations (ie
something like autoconf/automake)

#! /bin/bash

if [ -e "/dev/mtd/0" ]; then
	echo 'hello'
else
	echo 'bye'
fi

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 20:02, ron minnich wrote:
> On 14 Aug 2003, Roger wrote:
>
> > Fails to load module mtdchar.o (or atleast on my boxens with Gentoo)
> >  - Should probably load mtdchar at the time doc2001 & docprobe are
> > loaded.
>
> yikes, that has not failed in years. I'll try to look.
>
> > /dev/mtd0 should probably be named /dev/mtd/0
>
> only with devfs. OK, how do we cleanly work around the naming problem,
> given that devfs is living on borrowed time?
>
> ron

Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html