[Etherboot-users] re: s2885

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Mon Aug 18 14:14:01 CEST 2003

"Yinghai Lu" <yhlu at tyan.com> writes:

> I add one printf if tg3.c to produce "err=?".

Ok.

So far the consensus is that we should not have seen any new problems
with version 5.2.x, as nothing has changed (except your printf :).

So either there is a LinuxBIOS bug where memory mapped I/O is not
being properly routed, or you have come across a bug in the driver.

It has had a moderate amount of testing, and I did my best to preserve
the initialization that the Linux driver was doing when I stripped it
down.  You do have a version of the tg3 I don't have on hand.  So I
don't currently have a clue where to start looking except to add more
printfs to track down which part of the initialization failed.

Eric