Linuxbios: Booting linux from flash IDE drive on epia boards?

Jeff Noxon jeff at planetfall.com
Sat Aug 23 14:53:01 CEST 2003

The only EPIA boards working close to 100% right now are the original
series, which is fine for your car MP3 project.  I'd suggest the fanless
533 MHz model.

Please read the mailing list archives.  It should be possible to use
some adapters to support a DiskOnChip with the EPIA board.  Etherboot can
also boot from IDE devices, including CF adapters.  Etherboot 5.2.0 can
do that without any patches (or so it would seem.)

I've found it helpful to download the entire mailing list archive (a
huge file) and use grepmail to search for answers.

Regards,

Jeff