????: Tyan S4880

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Tue Dec 2 13:01:01 CET 2003

* YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> [031202 18:32]:
> It should work for quertet.
>
> I compare the schematic of S4880 and quartet, and the SPD_ROM access part is
> the same.
>
> You need to update raminit.h and amd8111_early_sumbus.c too.

Aaah. I found the culprit. All SMBus addresses have to be shifted right
by one compared to what the data sheet says. I forgot to do this for the
DIMM modules.

I checked your changes to amd8111_early_smbus.c into the freebios2 tree.
I still can't see the onboard network adapter, even with only 3G in the
machine. So I'll try the PCI-X master changes here as well.

Thanks a lot, Yinghai!

  Stefan

--
     Stefan Reinauer, SUSE LINUX AG