Will this work ??

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sat Dec 6 23:15:01 CET 2003

> > I've a Gigabyte GA-7NNXP with nForce II Chipset, and a BIOS with a size
> > of 512 KB.

> nvidia chipset, right? no chance. nvidia has no wish to help.

That's a shame - I was thinking of getting a Gigabyte/nVidia board because
Gigabyte now appear to have true dual BIOS chips on their boards.  If it
fails to boot from one chip it automatically switches to the other, you can
reflash one chip from the other or from a floppy in the default BIOS setup,
etc.  it looks like it'd be a very handy board to use for testing - put
LinuxBIOS in the main chip and have the default BIOS as backup.  Then you can
boot off the backup in case of a failed flash attempt and reflash LinuxBIOS
into the main chip.

Looks like Gigabyte are introducing it on all their boards though, which is a
good sign.

Cheers,
Adam.