IDE on s2885 and LinuxBIOS -- FILO

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Dec 10 16:43:01 CET 2003

Stefan Reinauer <stepan at suse.de> writes:

> * YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> [031210 22:02]:
> > I have checked pci.c in fifo. It need to be changes as follow.
> >
> > It seems otherwise it can not scan the peer root bus.
>
> How is this done on the HDAMA and other boards?

Currently I have not been testing the Filo on the HDAMA.  Last
time this was brought up I someone was going to modify FILO to scan
through all possible busses like etherboot does.

> > Maybe someone need to make it can handle peer root bus refer to the code in
> > Linux kernel or Etherboot.
>
> Can we have an array of peer busses in the config file?
> ie. register SCAN_BUSSES={ 0, 1, 3 }

In LinuxBIOS we are fine.  It is just in FILO where there is an issue.

> Or is there any real way to _detect_ peer busses? Or at least conclude
> their existance by the available southbridges - There is obviously no
> peer bus without a (transparent) bridge

Linux uses the pirq table to infer their presence.  We really
should export the device tree in the LinuxBIOS table.  Then FILO can
read that to find busses and other devices.

Eric