serial programming

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Sun Dec 14 00:22:01 CET 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 08:39:44PM -0800, Parit Wattanasin wrote:
> hi, I'm new for LinuxBIOS. I have problem about my
> mainboard(VIA-EPIA)  Now I'm use LinuxBIOS but I want
> to customized it to chang payload from etherboot with
> my program about serial port(now this mainboard use
> serial console) how can I'change it(my program use
> assembly). Thank you for answer

The payload can be exchanged from Etherboot to another self-contained ELF
file simply by recompiling LinuxBIOS.

I'm not quite sure about the status of the EPIA port in the version 2 CVS
tree, but it's there and there's been work put into it so it should probably
compile and work just fine.

The best bet is to check the mailing list archives for information, and then
grab the CVS code, or a snapshot, and make your own build.

While making your own build you can also take out all serial port activity
not needed for your application, of course.

//Peter