serial programming

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Sun Dec 14 02:45:01 CET 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 10:52:20PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Peter Stuge wrote:
>
> > I'm not quite sure about the status of the EPIA port in the version 2 CVS
> > tree, but it's there and there's been work put into it so it should probably
> > compile and work just fine.
>
> EPIA is fine in V2, not perfect but FAR better than EPIA in v1.
>
> We want to clean up EPIA completely, then fix up EPIA-M, but there have
> been some distractions (SC '03).

Ah, yes, that's right.

I can't wait until I actually have the time to sit down and do something
with LinuxBIOS, last time was over two years ago, there's been an amazing
evolution of the code. I can easily imagine running LinuxBIOS 3 or 4 on
_MANY_ systems in another year or two. It seems vendors (like Tyan) are
picking up too, which is great. Just don't take over all of their competent
people over at LANL, at least not until there's support for all of their
boards in the tree.. >:)

Just a short note to celebrate your success. :)

//Peter