Flash mapped to lower address?

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Dec 23 12:29:01 CET 2003

"Devi Priya" <ijpriya at hotmail.com> writes:

> If i have my Flash memory mapped to the lower address
> (0x0000-0x3FFFFF), then what modification should be made to linux bios?

If this is x86 and that is your only flash address then
you can't boot.  x86 cpus start at address 0xfffffff0.
Unless there are some embedded variants I am not familiar with.

If this is ARM where flash is normally mapped to 0 that
makes sense but currently we don't have an arm port.  I don't
think it would be too difficult though.

So I really can't answer without more information.

Eric