EPIA + non-standard flash chip

Surjan Singh ssingh at totalise.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 13:44:01 CET 2003

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this one:

I have a basic EPIA board
(http://www.viavpsd.com/product/epia_mini_itx_spec.jsp?motherboardId=21)
, the one with the 533MHz CPU.

Anyway, I managed to find myself a PLCC Flash chip which seems like it
will work (http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/23247.pdf), but when I run
the flash program it complains that it does not recognise the chip. So,
I added an entry for the chip in "flash.h" hoping I could use the
regular routines for the EPIA, but it says it cannot unlock the chip.

Can someone help me with this one pls? Could someone supply a diff,
using the above datasheet, that would enable me to use the chip? Even
some tips on what I'd need to do if I had to write the code would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Surj