acpi shutdown + cool logo + nvram

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Sat Feb 1 16:38:01 CET 2003

Is it possible to shutdown the pc with an actual powerdown with
linuxbios on a pcchips810? I've flashed linuxbios from cwlinux.com (I
boot from an IDE hard disk) and I've enabled acpi on the kernel. However
the command 'halt' didn't shutdown the machine. I had to keep pressed
the power switch few seconds for it to turn off.

Is it allowed to insert a custom logo, instead of the tux one which is
displayed on the first seconds of the boot? Which file is the definition
of the logo, and is it the same format of the kernel?

Is it possible to set the nvram values to have the pc being powered up
at a specific time using nvram-wakeup or similar programs?

Sorry for the massive amount of questions but linuxbios is *very* cool!

bye
as