Ram initialization and small c.

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Feb 13 09:37:01 CET 2003

GNUOrder <gnuorder at tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> Would it be easier to design this into gcc as a separate architecture or
> would that be too unmanagable?  It may or may not be of benefit to other
> embedded projects as well so there may be more help keeping it up to date if
> it was in the gcc tree.  Then again, someone could modify it for their own
> needs and make it unusable for what it was intended.

Beats me..  gcc is the one compiler of the free software compilers it
might be possible to integrate with.  I think it is a real pain to
start with.

If someone knows more about gcc feel free to go ahead and try.

Mostly I am avoiding that route in the interests of simplicity and
comprehensibility.  Someone familiar with gcc might have a different
take on the situation.

As things get a little farther I hope to publish the subset of C I
plan on using, which can aid other attempts.

Eric