Recommended dual Athlon motherboards

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Sat Jan 4 23:36:00 CET 2003

Hi,

Thanks for the info.  I've been looking at the Tyan Tiger MPX (S2466).
What is Guiness referring to?

Might a comparison of PCI config registers or MSRs after OEM BIOS init
and cold boot reveal something?  Power management actually helps, since
all registers must be read/write (as opposed to write only - like VGA
Pallette snoop) so PM can save context on suspend.  Does LinuxBIOS go
far enough to get the serial port working?

I'm going to buy a board, is there any chance it can be done without an
ICE?

Regards,

Jeremy