DMA on the SC2200 Geode

Christer Weinigel christer at weinigel.se
Sun Jan 5 07:10:01 CET 2003

John Allen <jallen at integraltech.com> writes:

> I just noticed that the harddrive on my Geode sc2200 system is running
> in pio mode.  What do I need to do to turn on dma support for this
> chip?

You need support for the SC2200 DMA engine in your Linux kernel.
Download a recent 2.5 kernel or Alan Cox' linux-2.2.20-ac2 kernel and
turn on:

   CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SC1200

I don't know how well it works though, I just got back after christmas
and haven't had time to test it out yet.

 /Christer

Freelance consultant specializing in device driver programming for Linux
Christer Weinigel <christer at weinigel.se>  http://www.weinigel.se