regarding flash ROM

sivakumar sivakumar.subramani at wipro.com
Mon Jan 13 00:23:00 CET 2003

Before asking this question , I have gone through some of the old mails
in this group. I am bit confused after that ;-(

OK the question is as follow:

I have 256 KB flash ROM. I have built the linuxbios image
(linuxbios.strip file) and burned the image on the ROM at
0x30000 to 0x40000 (Image size 64 KB)

Do I need to load any thing else in the flash ROM ?
I don't want to have kernel image on the ROM,

Regarding the kernel image, I want to have IDE connected Harddisk where
the linux Operating system is installed. i.e., I want to enable the IDE
option and boot from the OS present on the hard disk.

Is it possible to do it using 256KB?

Thanks,
Siva

My Makefile.seting file (Not complete):