BIOS replacement Intel '486

Richard Bonomo bonomo at sal.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 29 20:30:01 CET 2003

Hello!

I am working with a Real Time Devices PC-104
standard system equipped with a '486DX processor,
and.  In order to decrease boot time to our OS
(which is QNX/Neutrino) I would like to eliminate
the BIOS, replacing it with my own code which does
minimal initialization, and then loads the OS
immediately (the OS is not dependent on BIOS
calls).  If anyone who has done this sort of thing
before is willing to spend a few minutes on the telephone
with me, I'd be most appreciative.  Roy Minnich
of LANL appears willing, but he is out for a number
of days.

Thank you.

Richard B.

P.S. please reply direct.

Richard Bonomo
UW Space Astronomy Laboratory
ph: (608) 263-4683 telefacsimile: (608) 263-0361
SAL-related email: bonomo at sal.wisc.edu
all other email: bonomo at ece.wisc.edu
web page URL: http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~bonomo