giving the user a boot option

John Allen jallen at integraltech.com
Fri Jan 31 10:15:01 CET 2003

Does anyone think it is possible the offer the user a choice of
commandline parameters.  I would like to use the serial console, or
something else convienient, to allow the user to choose commandline1 or
commandline2.  One of them mounts root over nfs, the other from the hard
drive.  I guess this would be a simplified boot loader such as lilo or
grub.  Unfortunately this 'boot loader'  must reside in the flash chip,
since my hard drive will initially be completely blank.

John