epim-M: NO VGA FOUND

SONE Takeshi ts1 at cma.co.jp
Fri Jul 4 02:16:01 CEST 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 12:52:17AM +0000, elife elife wrote:
> I had put a VGA BIOS image in flash (offset 0 of 256K flash, and set
> option VGABIOS_START=0xfffc0000)but ld reported "NO VGA FOUND". In
> vgabios.c
>
>  dev = pci_find_class(PCI_CLASS_DISPLAY_VGA <<8, NULL);
>
>  if (! dev) {
>    printk_debug("NO VGA FOUND\n");
>    return;
>  }

I left that VGA device detection code, even if the VGA BIOS image is
loaded from flash, just to make sure.
I'm pretty sure the device must be enabled prior to start VGA BIOS,
otherwise VGA BIOS won't see the device either.

> Is it sth wrong related to pci?

If you booted Linux from PCBIOS, you see the VGA device in lspci.
But with current LinuxBIOS, you don't.
Some work is needed to enabled it.

--
Takeshi