K8 + 2.4.21 + Tyan S2880

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Mon Jul 21 17:49:00 CEST 2003

ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, YhLu wrote:
>
> > I can build the linuxbios. But it is too large and it is around 60k, and
> > tg3.zelf is about 22k, and tg3--ide_disk.zelf is about 24k, then the sum is
> > above 65k.So I can not build the images.
>
> I now routinely set my linuxbios size for 64K with payload size of 32k.
>
> romcc is WONDERFUL but it does grow things a bit.

Next time I get to it I intend to start honoring the inline keyword.
The problem is that it inlines everything and creates code bloat.

So far it is working well enough and there are other priorities that I
have not come back to it.  It is my goal that before the 2.0 release
I can fit everything back into 64K for fallback again.  It is not
critical now but it is a warning sign of troubles ahead.

Eric