SPD reading with asus A7S333 - SiS745

Rudolf Marek R.Marek at sh.cvut.cz
Tue Jul 22 03:26:01 CEST 2003

Hello,

Someone earlier got similar problem. Asus is muxing the
devices on the SMBUS. I'm developing drivers for lm_sensors project.
(W83785 driver) I got my smbus working (same as SiS645) There are some
 devices on the bus - ATXP2, W83785 and some Asus ASIC.
But no SPD EEPROM, nor PLL. I'm curious about the content of my SPD.

Someone here pointed out that it can be enabled by some of GPO bits.

I got 2 problems.

1) I dont have a datasheet for SiS745 (I ot only for SiS630)
2) I dont know which GPO to enable.

Please would someone be so king and give me some advice?

I got disassembled BIOS for reference, but I even dont know in wich PCI
dev should I look for GPO.

You will need this information anyway if you plan tu support this
motherboard :) (it will be very nice)

Regards

	Rudolf Marek