Intel Firmware Hubs

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 28 00:24:27 CEST 2003

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, Adam Agnew wrote:

> I think you're right there. The datasheet for the 82802s shows that
> they're all 3.3v while a myriad of datasheets i found for other plcc flash
> parts were 5v. Good to know. It seems AMD offers a line of low voltage
> flash parts as SST must too. Thanks Steven.

no, the 82802ac uses address-address multiplexing to get up to 27 bits of
address. They are a synchronous part whereas many flashes we have used to
date are not. So the bus, clocking, and timing are nothing like the parts
we've used on other platforms.

You can only program an 82802ac on a board with support for firmware hub.

ron