static config for CPUs with K8 example

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 30 18:30:00 CEST 2003

OK, I am hoping this is the kind of thing that will work for the K8.

First, in cpu/k8, define a file, chip.h:

struct cpu_k8_config {
        struct chip *north, *south, *east, *west;
};

Thenin cpu/k8/Config.lb, add this line:
config chip.h

Note this file could be called anything, but chip.h is a habit for me.

In the mainboard config (mainboard/arima/hdama/Config.lb), you set things
up as follows:

southbridge amd/amd8111 "amd8111"
end
southbridge amd/amd8131 "amd8131"
end

# pull in all includes, etc. for  the k8.
# should we have a 'noise keyword' for this, e.g. 'cputype k8'?

dir /cpu/k8

# define the CPUs, their names, and their connections.
cpu k8 "cpu0"
  register "north" = "amd8111"
  register "east"  = "cpu1"
end

cpu k8 "cpu1"
  register "north" = "amd8131"
  register "west"  = "cpu0"
end

This will result in initialized structures, per-cpu, that "do the right
thing".

I've hit a bug I have to ask Greg about, but this is a rough idea.
Comments?

ron