docprobe can't find DOC

roger rogerxxmaillist at san.rr.com
Sun Jun 8 07:17:00 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 21:11, ron minnich wrote:
> On 7 Jun 2003, roger wrote:
>
> > This board is a tyan tiger 1832DL 440BX (2x750P3).  I'm wonder if there
> > are any known issues with DOC's on the 440bx boards?  Or any known
> > issues with any of the lately issued DOC Millinium chips?
>
> I hate to say it, but it may be the old "hidden write enable" problem,
> i.e. there is a special GPIO line used to control write enable in addition
> to the normal mechanism.
>
> ron

(geez. i hate that. when clicking "reply" in the email client, it sets
the return address to ron at blah.domain instead of using the linuxbios
mailling address! oh well.)

I've done quite a bit of research and see you make mention of this once
during a discussion (with no follow-ups).

Is this problem chip specific (issue with the DOC)?

A simple solution would be to aquire a Eeprom programmer (ie h/w to
connect via serial cable to program/flash/read eeproms?)

If this problem is relative to my tyan tiger 1832dl (440BX) motherboard,
I could probably utilize a 440GX(?) board that I also have as a
solution.

--

Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html