EPIA PCI slot

Brian G. Rhodes bgr at gw.linespeed.net
Thu Jun 12 14:53:00 CEST 2003

Ron,

I was always under the impression that the BIOS should enable a device
(bus master) always.  And slaves would not be able to be set.  Some
devices set a capability which you can read this from to know whether the
device should be a master or not.

Why, or where, should the OS do it?  Driver?

Brian G Rhodes
bgr at linespeed.net
brhodes at visualcircuits.com
+1 612-741-1191