new config language.

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Jun 19 23:09:00 CEST 2003

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> Ron,
>
> I have tried the romimage in AMD solo 7 MB, and the LinuxBIOS can boot until
> Etherboot. So the ROM image I built should be OK.

There are a lot of hard codes that need to removed, in that code.
It is only appropriate for developers wanting to improve it.  It
is not appropriate for general purpose use yet.

> The Tyan s2880 has two CPUs and supported dual channel DDR. The Opteron CPU
> is for Server/workstation and The cpu for AMD solo is for desktop
> (Crawhammer).
>
> Any advise.
Read the fine cpu documentation.

Beyond that if you get to the point where you are actively working
and contributing this I would be happy to synchronize with you.
Until that point all I can say is that the code is coming along,
but the code is quite a ways from being general purpose yet.

Eric