I new here

Janek Kozicki janek at thenut.eti.pg.gda.pl
Tue Jun 24 08:49:00 CEST 2003

Hello,

I just stumbled over your new webpage http://www.linuxbios.org/
I've read some of the stuff there, and I simply loved that idea.

I subscribed to get a grasp of what currently is going on at the
linuxBIOS development. My motherboard is Abit VP6 dual PIII, maybe at
some point in the future it will get support. And I'll be the first
tester ;) Anyway I must get a grasp of all this stuff to understand
what's going on :)

First of all - May I make some notices to the LinuxBIOS team? ;)

1. I've read FAQ. But althought I've read the whole FAQ I didn't get the
answer for one question.
- what is DoS ?
(there are answers about how to prepare DoS, but not what is DoS by itself)
- on second thought - wouldn't it be nice if you place some email addres
on the webpage. for example in the FAQ section. "do you have a question
not answered in the FAQ? email this question to us". If you don't want
spambots to collect this email address - display it as an image with
text written on it. Spambots cannot (yet) collect email addresses from
images.

2. If you are interested I can offer you some little help with LinuxBIOS
webpage. I'm currently working on some php scripts designed to make easy
management of webpage contents (I called it GNU/enjine ;).

The easy management is achieved by creating a menu file, which contains
information about what is to be displayed. Now you don't have to edit
the html, but just the menu.

Short descripton with testing of some features is here:
http://absurd.kozicki.pl:2345/~www/engine/current/

An example usage of enjine (my computer usage/load graphs made with
rrdtools):
http://absurd.kozicki.pl:2345/~www/rrd.eng/

best regards

--