move to bitkeeper?

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Jun 30 11:14:01 CEST 2003

sourceforge is really having trouble nowadays. Half my browsers think the
web pages are to be downloaded for some reason; cvs updates are seeing
24-hour delays; and random outages are a daily occurence.

I've noticed that lots of high-profile projects are now mastering on
bitkeeper.com, including the linux kernel and the infiniband project.

Any comments or objections to me at least looking into a move to
bitkeeper.com? It has lots of advantages, not the least that it supports
distributed repositories.

Anyone have anything to say about this, pro or con?

ron