semi-ot: sis900 lan support

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Tue Mar 25 14:48:01 CET 2003

Hi. I've experienced some problems with sis900 ethernet performances.
Though this is not *directly* linuxbios related, I think here I can find
interesteds people.

I'm here with my pcchips 810 motherboard, but I've found the same
problem on other TWO motheboards.

I load the sis900 module or I compile it into the kernel, but the
performances are incredibly low: if I transfer a huge file, the transfer
starts at 5MB/s more or less, but after few seconds it drammatically
drops to 60KB/s. I would need more that two hours to transfer an ISO image.

I've changed the cable, connected the computers with a cross cable, but
the problem is always there. The other computer has a rtl8139 card and
works fine with other non-sis900 hosts. ifconfig or iptraf show NO
errors but the transfer rate is no more than 60KB/s.

I'm using kernel 2.4.20, pcchips810lmr with 256MB memory and athlon2000+...

bye bye, thank you
as

--

How to build a lirc receiver