Information about BIOS and the boot process

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Sat Mar 29 12:06:00 CET 2003

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 12:40:17PM +0500, dkotian3 at vsnl.net wrote:
> Thanks Greg,
>
> I think, that is very good overview about the flow.
> It may be good idea to continue this flow on this thread or
> somewhere else.
> I think,One cannot expect Greg to do all the documentation as Peter
> said 8-10 hours is a lot of time. May be out of the
> many implementors in this forum, if one contributes by giving
> more details about any one of these files in detail of one's own
> choice ,basically significance,flow about it and Do's and Dont's,etc
> and any experiences. Probably a structure needs to be proposed as well
> and rest should fall in place for documentation at least.
> If not 8 hours by one person, atleast an hour can be contributed
> may not be an issue.

There has been a lot of good information sent to the mailing list but
unfortunately it can be hard to find in the archives because of the low S/N
ratio.  Please don't get me wrong though, I think this list is very nice,
I'm just saying that I've thought to myself "that's good documentation, it
should be saved somewhere" a couple of times when reading some emails with
stuff that's completely trivial to several readers, but quite valuable to
myself and other (relative to complete) newbies.

//Peter