My Linux bios FAQ/HOWTO preAlpha

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Thu May 8 19:18:01 CEST 2003

McMechan, James W CIV wrote:

>>yes, somebody had it and was going to fill it out with more info
>>but I have not heard from them.
>>
>>I'll try to get it to you today.
>
> That would be me. I was still going over the faq.
> Alas I am slow...
> The source to the FAQ appears to be the web page's html.

Ok.. Well let me know when are ready to add in my stuff.  I've added a
few more items since my last post.

On a sidenote... I've learned that OpenOffice 1.1beta can do DocBook
stuff.  I'd like to move my text document over to something like that so
that you can autogenerate various formats.

I pulled down OO1.1b but so far haven't been able to get the DocBook
stuff enabled.  (You have to go edit some XML config files and I don't
seem to have done it correctly).

As soon as I can get that setup I'll port my stuff over and attempt to
do someting better with the format.  And generate it into html,pdf,text,
etc.  Until then I'm not worrying about formatting.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com