more superio

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Fri May 9 11:59:01 CEST 2003

ron minnich wrote:

>>Can I add a mouse to the superio struct and the nlbconfig with out
>>breaking everything?  or just wait until freebios2 and just handle it in
>>superio.c?
>
> let's fix this and get it right in freebios2.
>
> The overall approach of superio is I think OK, but it clearly needs to
> move away from the generic structure to a per-device type of structure,
> and we need a way to specify initialization of that structure in the
> config file.

Hmmmm.... I'll think about this.. but I'm a little time constrained
right now...  I worry about not giving it enought thought and coming up
with something that will end up being undocumented and difficult to
config.  Figureing out what all the config options do already is quite
involved.

I'm sure Eric will have some good ideas as well when he gets further
along with freebios2.

Maybe we should attempt to generate a list of requirements the new
structure would need.  List members can then chime in on if it would
meet thier needs or not.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com