EPIA success and problem

SONE Takeshi ts1 at cma.co.jp
Mon May 12 09:28:00 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 09:40:47PM +0800, Andrew Ip wrote:
> Takeshi,
>
> > I removed most of lines from my vgainit.inc (which was originally posted by
> > Andrew Ip, and I modified), as far as VGA is enabled,
> > and the problem disappeared!
> > Registers 0xf8 and 0xf9 are not necessory either
> > (so, only 0xfb is the one to enable VGA),
> > but it might be safe to leave them.
> > Below is my current version of
> > src/northbridge/via/vt8601/vgainit.inc.
> Have you got vga working on EPIA???  Does it have to be with ADLO?

Yes and yes.

Basically, that vgainit.inc and this bit of code in northbridge_fixup()
was enough for running ADLO with binary VGA BIOS.
(also disable shadow ON/OFF code in loader.s)

                /* Turn on shadow DRAM at 0xC0000-0xFFFFF so we can write
                 * PIRQ table, VGA BIOS, Bochs BIOS, etc. */
                printk_debug("Enabling shadow DRAM at 0xC0000-0xFFFFF: ");
                pci_write_config_byte(pcidev, 0x61, 0xff);
                pci_write_config_byte(pcidev, 0x62, 0xff);
                pci_write_config_byte(pcidev, 0x63, 0xf0);
                printk_debug("done\n");

I also changed raminit.inc to work with my 256MB PC133 DIMM,
and now improving it to detect memory (size and MA type) automatically.

--
Takeshi