Flashing Intel (L440GX) BIOS

Jonathan B. Horen horen at mail.iucc.ac.il
Tue May 20 03:42:01 CEST 2003

Shalom!

With lots of assistance from Ron Minnich, I've been able to patch a
2.4.20 kernel with the LinuxBIOS extensions and successfully compile and
boot from it.  I've also succeeded in compiling a romimage for the Intel
L440GX.

I've downloaded Intel's latest System Update Package -- lsup2_0.exe --
for the L440GX motherboard.

My question is about what to do with what I've now got.  That is, how do
I get this romimage onto my motherboard(s)?

Running lsup2_0.exe on a Windows system gives me, among other things, a
BIOS directory.  This directory contains BAT files, README and RELNOTES,
BIOS files, and their IFLASH.EXE utility.

The 1.BAT file invokes:

   IFLASH.EXE /P P14-0133.BIO /R

in which I assume /P gives the file to load (or the first file in a
group of files to load), and /R reboots afterward... or not ;-)

Since I don't want to install Intel's newer BIOS, but do want to install
the LinuxBIOS I compiled, what do I do, from here?

Any pointers to previous threads about flashing L440GX BIOS?

--
JONATHAN B. HOREN                            UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
E: horen at mail.iucc.ac.il            Inter-University Computation Center