config language

Bob Drzyzgula bob at drzyzgula.org
Fri May 23 13:46:00 CEST 2003

Ron,

FYI, I'm back and starting to mess with this. I'm digging
through some stuff and tinkering with some candidate
tools that will hopefully come close to your requirements
("simple" + "schema-based"). The bulk of my XML experience,
what there is of it, has been DTD-based, so this takes a
small bit of getting up to speed.

Validating, XSDL-aware, Python-based, simple-to-use
parsers are (perhaps you knew this :) about as scarce as
hen's teeth. The main Python XSDL processsor appears to be
XSV <http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html>, but I
haven't yet made an assesment of the "simple" criteria.
However, in digging around I find that recent builds of
4Suite <http://www.4suite.org/> provide some support for
RELAX NG (see <http://www.relaxng.org/>) which in fact may
be superior for this application because of its extensive
support for flexible content ordering.

More later.

--Bob