config -> default

Greg Watson gwatson at lanl.gov
Thu Nov 6 10:31:01 CET 2003

Stefan,

Which builds are broken? I thought I checked all configurations built
after the change (apart from the VIA which Ron was working on.) and
modified any that had problems.

My hope was that this change would make the use of options more
logical and consistent. The intention is that parts set default
values for any options that they require or are specific to the part.
Then when all the parts are put together in a target configuration
file, these default values can be overridden for the specific build.
I was also toying with the idea of allowing some options to be
read-only, which I think would address your concern.

Apologies for breaking things. I try to build all targets after any
change like this to make sure things are still working.

Greg