Questions about LinuxBIOS

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Mon Nov 17 20:47:01 CET 2003

> I don't know the exact differnce between the LX and BX parts but I
> believe that the LX only supported up to a Pentium II whereas the BX
> does a III and a celeron.

Yes, seems to be the main difference (at least from an end user's perspective
like mine!)  The board only supports up to a 333MHz CPU and it does support a
Celeron, but it can't do a 100MHz bus (only 66 officially, but it will go up
to 83.)

> I that the 440BX code should work for you.  I know I used a lot of the LX/TX
> code as reference when I was getting our board to work.  You should at least
> be able to get a serial port up.

Great, I'll try that then.  It's looking more and more like I could just grab
the GA-6BXC code and use that!  I'm just waiting to get hold of an extra BIOS
chip, to extend the life of the motherboard should anything go wrong ;-)

> What superIO is on the board?  Look for a National Semi chip or a
> winbond or something similar.

Well, there's a Winbond W83977TF-AW and that seems to be the only Winbond
chip.  Can't see any Nat. Semi. ones though, so hopefully that's the one
you're looking for!

Thanks for your reply,
Adam.