440BX and SDRAM

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Tue Nov 18 12:37:00 CET 2003

ron minnich wrote:

> The right thing to do at this point is to bite the bullet, write the
> startup code in C, and bring the whole thing forward to V2. This stuff is
> really hard in assembly.

Yuck.  It's really hard period just even more in assembly.  My biggest
problem was that all the terms and algorithms are not documented
anywhere and what documentation I found was confusing.

Are there general purpose SPD read and xlate functios in V2?  I know
some people have been working on SDRAM for the EPIA.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com