Tyan S4880

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Tue Nov 25 04:18:01 CET 2003

* YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> [031125 03:37]:
> Stefan,
>
> I'm porting Tyan S4880 now. I found that the following building err, do you
> meet it in AMD board?

No, the AMD boards build fine for me.
gcc-3.3.1-29
binutils-2.14.90.0.6-8

> Even I only enable the CPU0's memctrl in the auto.c

It seems the struct itself in auto.c is pretty uncritical for size.
Other parts like the log level need a lot more tuning if you want the
image to be as verbose as possible.

* Do you compile with romcc -O (not -O0 and not -O2)
* What's your max log level? The UP-build (Solo) allows me to
  put MAXIMUM_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL up to 10, other builds want less.

> objcopy -O binary linuxbios linuxbios.strip
> gcc -o buildrom /home/yhlu/xx/xx/freebios2/util/buildrom/buildrom.c
> ./buildrom linuxbios.strip linuxbios.rom ../../tg3.zelf 0x10000 0x18000
> linuxbios image is 65854 bytes; only 65536 allowed
> Linuxbios input file larger than allowed size!

Is this 64k including payload size? I use:
option ROM_SIZE=262144
option FALLBACK_SIZE=131072
option ROM_IMAGE_SIZE=0x10000

guess the size issue should be mentioned in the docs. Everybody
fiddling with LinuxBIOS on AMD64 _has_ seen it..

  Stefan

--
     Stefan Reinauer, SUSE LINUX AG
Teamleader Architecture Development