Patch for V2 new config

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at ndirect.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 11:21:01 CEST 2003

Hi Greg,

On Wednesday 01 Oct 2003 16:25, Greg Watson wrote:
> If my understanding is correct, you want to have an option value that
> has a mainboard specific default value, but that can be overridden in
> the target configuration file?

Not quite, Ron (I assume it was Ron)  already added a line like
default ROM_SIZE 256*1024
to the src/mainboard/via/epia/Config.lb file (there are similar lines for
solo and one other I think) in the CVS snapshot (20031001-1400)

What my patch does is make that line work so that the buildtarget command will
work out of the box (or cvs snapshot) in the targets diretory for
./buildtarget via/epia

The solo and other  one (hdama) both have 'option ROM_SIZE ....' lines in
their  target Config.lb files

I think what was trying to be achived is that the mainboard config file has a
default rom size for the flash part supplied with that mainboard, and if you
want to override it (say you have a larger flash part) you can in the target
config file.