V2 VIA EPIA

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Oct 2 11:04:42 CEST 2003

On 1 Oct 2003, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Right.  However I think we can start setting the precedent
> that onboard video is handled via open source code.  Plug in
> video cards are an entirely different problem.

We can set this precedent, and we can try to cleave to it as best we can.
But the market in this case will control our actions more than we might
like.

I don't like it; you know my feelings on this going back four years ago: I
wanted to figure out those VGA registers and do all open source. But that
didn't quite work out.

ron