K8 MTRR reboot on Solo

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Mon Oct 6 07:48:00 CEST 2003

* Stefan Reinauer <stepan at suse.de> [031006 13:48]:
> I came a bit further with debugging my mysterious reboots after setting
> up mtrr. This only happens if I build the image on an AMD64
> distribution. With an older x86 distribution, the resulting image is
> operable.
>
> Either my romcc changes were somewhat incomplete, or gcc -m32 on Opteron
> behaves different than gcc on a 32bit machine.

argh! I just don't want to believe this. Using a more recent version of
gcc helped to fix the problem. Now I get lots of these:

[tg3-5701]Ethernet addr: 00:04:76:F3:A9:CE
Tigon3 [partno(3C996B-T) rev 0105 PHY(5701)] (PCI:33MHz:32-bit)
Link is up at 1000 Mbps, full duplex. TX RX flow control
Searching for server (DHCP)...
..UDP checksum error
.UDP checksum error
.UDP checksum error

After a while it works:

..Me: 192.168.0.20, Server: 192.168.0.23
<takes forever>

Best regards,
  Stefan Reinauer

--