V2 Epia report

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Oct 8 20:12:01 CEST 2003

On 8 Oct 2003, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:

> Thanks to ron I made an romimage that is the right size, without um
> commenting out code here and there ;). LinuxBIOS was built fine, comes
> up sort of. Here's the logfile. I used FILO as my payload and well it
> can't find the device hda1... I've tried it with FILO 0.3 and 0.2, and
> get the same results... Here is the output... its long but well sorry ;)

thanks for the output!

Guess what? This is all my fault!

Well, actually, it is that although I am certain I am programming the IDE
control registers correctly, FILO doesn't like what I have done:

> Press <Enter> for default boot, or <Esc> for boot prompt... 2 1
> timed out
> boot: hda1:/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200
> Detected floating bus

bad! bad! bad!

> No such device
> boot: hda1:/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200
> No such device

So, I will try to fix this, as I really want FILO working. I will try to
figure this out tomorrow.

ron
p.s. did you know that if you rearrange the letters of IDE, it spells DIE?