Hdama + etherboot problems

Craig C. Forney cforney at opus.com
Fri Oct 10 04:25:01 CEST 2003

Stefan,

Thanks for your help!  Comments and patch for raminit.c for Opteron
follows.

Craig

Thanks!!  That hadn't occurred to me, but makes sense.

> > I've been able to create a linuxbios.rom using the latest code from
> > sourceforge (earlier today).  I changed raminit.c to accommodate
> > 200Mhz registered memory (this case is missing in
> raminit.c), as this
> > is the memory that I have.
>
> Can you provide a patch? This sounds like a must-have in the
> freebios2 tree.

I've never created a patch, but I think this works ... I verified the
rdpreamble value in the AMD docs.

---Begin patch
*** raminit.c.orig	Fri Oct 10 00:42:25 2003
--- raminit.c	Fri Oct 10 00:42:36 2003
***************
*** 2063,2068 ****
--- 2063,2072 ----
  			/* 166Mhz, 7.5ns */
  			rdpreamble = ((7 << 1)+1);
  		}
+ 		else if (divisor == ((5 << 1)+0)) {
+ 			/* 200Mhz, 7ns */
+ 			rdpreamble = ((7 << 1)+1);
+ 		}
  	}
  	else {
  		int slots;
---End patch

> > I programmed a FLASH part with linuxbios.rom and turned on the
> > machine. It goes through what looks like reasonable startup stuff,
> > finds the etherboot payload, loads it, and tries to run it.
>  It then
> > appears to go back and reboot before anything interesting
> is reported
> > happening in etherboot, and then repeats this cycle forever.
>
> Did you change the etherboot config file to build for
> LinuxBIOS? src/arch/i386/config

This was my problem ... Things are much better now!!!  Thanks!!!