config.py moved?

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Mon Oct 13 15:45:01 CEST 2003

Stefan Reinauer <stepan at suse.de> writes:

> * Eric W. Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com> [031013 21:13]:
> > ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:
> > > you could put config.py in targets/arima/hdama, while the build is done in
> > > targets/arima/hdama/hdama
> >
> > That is exactly what buildtarget does now.
>
> Is the config.py different from machine to machine? If not, I suggest we
> leave it like this. Otherwise I would have to come up with some
> solution, since I use multiple config files in targets/ now to easily
> build on different machines (opteron images on ia32 and amd64)

config.py should not change, but if we edit config.g we cannot create
a proper dependency for config.py

I have just updated buildtarget so that it looks at Config.lb to see
what the target directory is removing the chicken and the egg problem.

Now buildtarget just needs a final tweak so I can specify an out of
tree build directory.  Everything can now be deleted with one rm -rf
and we can setup the dependencies in the makefile to rebuild config.py when
config.g changes.

Eric